Thermocouple Welders by DCC Corporation
- HotSpot I
- Our HotSpot Capacitive Discharge Welder is designed to solve the most common thermocouple fabrication and attachment problems. The welder generates an electric arc for fusing standard thermocouple wire into freestanding beads or welding thermocouples to any thickness base metal. The system is powered directly or from an internal battery. This lightweight portable design can support a few hundred welds off-line in many different environments.
- HotSpot II
- The HotSpot II solves fabrication and attachment problems for thermocouple wire pairs as heavy as #14 gauge. With two power range settings, it can close larger tubes than the original unit. This unit is suited for light duty spot welding or stud welding as an aid in wire harness attachment insulation blanket installation. It weighs less than 14lbs and is very portable. A battery-powered version is not offered.
- HotSpot PLUS
- The HotSpot PLUS is our most powerful model and handles wire pairs as heavy as #12 gauge and studs lighter than #10. The weld can be initiated via a button on the hand control, an optional foot control, or a traditional button on the face of the unit. Similar to the HotSpot II, this unit offers two power range settings for maximum flexibility. At less than 18lbs, the compact design remains very portable.
- Form thermocouples directly from standard wire types and gauges as either freestanding or surface mounted junctions. Direct attachment of thermocouples to surfaces eliminates the cost and effort of other sensor mounting means. Portability allows you to make thermocouples or perform other weld operations where you need them.
- Easy to Use
- Simple on/off, weld, and energy level controls are on the front of each unit. Generate welds by depressing the firing button while holding the bared end of the thermocouple wire to the graphite electrode or desired attachment surface. The HotSpot PLUS includes a firing button in the attachment handle, providing single-hand control for various operations.
- Does not require highly skilled operators or specially prepared surfaces to use. It takes only seconds to go from standard TC wire to welded thermocouples. Directly attaching thermocouples to surfaces eliminates the time of other sensor mounting means.
- Thermocouples can be made on wires of any length for just the wire cost, eliminating the expense of prefabricated thermocouples. Wires can be cut and reused to form new thermocouples.
- A welded junction creates an accurate thermocouple with a high-speed response characteristic. Welded elements can be placed where the user intends and produce a more reliable contact than twisting or clamping.
- Front panel power controls provide straightforward adjustment for handling various wire types, gauges, and fixtures. Make free standing thermocouples, and perform light pin, stud, or spot welding all with the same device.
- HotSpot welders are suitable for anywhere you need the ability to create thermocouples and attach simple fixturing hardware. They are found in the field, on the shop floor, and in laboratories. Our users include: automotive, aerospace, metal and pharmaceutical manufacturers; mining and extraction companies; power generators; transportation companies, government agencies; research laboratories; and universities.